Issues on furniture damage are categorized into three types - biological, environmental, and mechanical. Biological decay occurs if furniture is stored in an area with enough oxygen supply, moisture, nutrients, and temperature range that fungi need. On the other hand, improper handling of furniture is the most common reason for furniture damage caused by a mechanical factor.
The damage caused by the environment is affected by changes in temperature and humidity. A big factor in the environment that damages furniture is exposure to sunlight reflection and other ultraviolet light. It aids in the deterioration of the paint, finishing, and coatings.
Nowadays, a lot of people are concerned about the heat damage caused by the reflection of sunrays on their glass windows. Instead of wasting time looking for ways on how to fix heat damage, why not prevent it? A protective film is one of the ways on how to prevent reflection windows. This film has a long-term effect and is easy to install.
If you are interested in purchasing a window film for your windows, then visit our website and check out Turf Guard Window Film. Browse through our window films to find one that fits your needs.
You can resolve issues on furniture damage with preventive maintenance. You have to learn furniture care and get the most out of it. Here are some tips on taking good care of your furniture:
- Keep furniture away from glass windows that have direct reflection from sun rays. Window reflections cause deterioration of the finishing and coating of the furniture.
- Use a table cloth to cover furniture. This will prevent scratches and liquid spills that result to spotting if not immediately cleaned.
- Make sure to practice proper handling of furniture when lifting and changing the position of the furniture.
- Keep the furniture clean.
If furniture damage is inevitable, you do not have to worry because there are some ways to repair damage on furniture. Here are some of the tips:
- Legs coming off. Re-glue and clamp the joint after cleaning it off.
- Problematic drawers. If slides rollers and bents are broken, replace it with a new one.It will be easy to unscrew the old and replace it with the new one.
- Deep Scratches on furniture. Use coffee grounds and wax crayons to fill in the scratch using almond or walnut.
There are always ways to fix things. You can be resourceful and find products that will prevent issues on furniture damage.