Most yards have grasses. These plants improve the appearance of your property. However, the grass is susceptible to many issues such as brown spots, thawing, and more. But do you know the signs of every turf damage? In this post, we will give you tips for identifying turf problems the right way.
Drought occurs in the summer. The grass becomes yellowish, brown color because it can no longer take the heat. The best way to deal with this issue is to give it proper turf management. You need to water the field at least three times a week to keep the surface hydrated.
However, you have to do it before the sun hits the grass. Water droplets on grass blades can magnify the intensity of sunlight; thereby, causing further damage.
The question is, how will you know if your grass is suffering from drought? Here are the things you need to do when identifying turf problems like drought:
- Check the color – Is the color of your grass turning to a bluish, gray color? This is an indication that your lawn is experiencing drought. Before it turns into a yellowish, brown color, it will have a bluish-gray If you see this sign, you need to water the area immediately.
- Footprints – A healthy lawn does not leave any footprint. That is why when you find them in your lawn and turf, this means that your grass is dry.
- Cracked Soil – Cracked soil is also a common indication of drought. This means that there is no moisture to be used by the lawn. If you can insert your key into the soil, it means that it is suffering from drought.
Melting grass is one of the common artificial turf issues. Like drought, melting occurs when your fake grass can no longer handle the heat. The leading cause of this damage is your Low-E window or any object with reflective properties.
When identifying turf problems like artificial turf melting, you need to do the following lawn care tips:
- Check the Temperature of Your Field. Try to touch the ground for at least five seconds. If the temperature is unbearable, then it may be suffering from melting.
- Check Your Shadow. Stand on the affected area, look down and check your silhouette. A melted grass caused by reflective heat shows a fake shadow. This means that the shade is lighter than the real profile.
These are some tips for identifying turf problems. Once you know the cause, it is easier to learn how to prevent turf burn and other lawn damage. Nonetheless, the best approach is to use theTurf Guard Window Film. Visit our website and learn more about how you can stop grass issues with our products.