Too much heat from the sunlight or from careless handling of burning materials like cigarettes can burn your artificial turf. These things are inevitable and uncontrollable to such extent that it’s already hard to prevent it from burning once artificial turf damage has already occurred.
Knowing the possible causes of turf melting is part of turf maintenance. It is essential that you know how to fix and prevent artificial turf damage.
Artificial Turf Damage
Artificial turf damage should not be a cause of alarm for artificial grass owners. The damage caused can make your synthetic grass lose its beauty disgustingly. You think of totally replacing your turf, but that would cost a lot. Instead, you must know how to fix burnt grass to restore the beauty of your artificial turf, avoid unnecessary expenses, and prevent more artificial turf damage.
There are a few basic steps you can follow on how to maintain synthetic grass.
1. Assess the artificial turf damage. It may have loosened on its edges or burned accidentally by any scorching material like cigarettes. Perhaps, the grass burned from sun caused partial damage on the turf as well.
2. Once you have assessed the portion that has been partially damaged, cut that portion.
3. Measure the extent of damage and replace it. You can still use the saved portions of your turf when it was initially installed.
4. Vacuum all infill and materials used to fill in the space where your artificial grass is situated. This will show the back supports and allow precise cutting.
5. Now you are ready to work on its replacement. Ascertain that the replacement and its fibers go in the same direction. Separate the fibers from the backing.
6. Cut the damaged spot at the base of the backing and remove it.
7. Cut a piece of seaming tape and fold it into a tube then put it below the backing of the turf. Place the tape at the center of the damaged area. Use as many as necessary. See to it that you use a reliable adhesive that can leave you without a mess.
8. Apply the adhesive on the seaming tape and below the support and put the replacement. Compress, and remove after it has been cured.
It is not enough that you know how to fix your artificial turf. Know also how to prevent turf burn. There are a lot of solutions you can do in repairing damaged turf. You just have to find out which one works for you. Another easy and convenient option you can try is applying a perforated window film.
Are you interested in this option? Then visit our website and check out our Turf Guard Window Film.