If you do not put your car in your garage and you do not cover it when parked, then expect sunlight damage to paint. The paint of your car can easily fade away. The main factor for this is the harsh rays of the sun. It is better that you know how to fix car paint damage to be able to restore your vehicle.
If you need to park your car outside, remember that long exposure can cause sunlight damage to paint. The paint will also oxidize fast when left unprotected. It may not be noticeable for a few months, but the problem is there. You may just be surprised one day that your car looks rough and dull.
There are ways to avoid color fading so you don’t have to resort to fixing sun damaged paint on car. One way is to use a car cover.
Tips to Maintain the Shining and Rich Color of Your Car Exterior
- Wash your vehicle regularly. This will help remove the grime and dirt. Use shampoo for this.
- Apply the right wax on your vehicle.
- Avoid scratching your car.
- While some owners wash their car then immediately use it, make sure that you let your car dry. Use a cotton rug and allow it to dry, as water evaporation may leave some minerals and ruin your car’s paint.
- Waxing is important when you want to prevent sunlight damage to paint. Waxing helps get rid of the grime and grit that can ruin the car paint. The wax also provides protection from ultraviolet radiation.
- Invest in some film protection if sunlight damage to paint is your concern. There are car paint protection films that you can use for this. You may embark on a do-it-yourself task, or simply purchase the film from a car-body shop.
- Check if the reflection from your windows is damaging your car paint. If that is the case, you may install a window film to control the beams of light from the window glare.
Many car owners ask if they can fix their car paint damage. This task is possible to do by hand and with the use of a few tools. It is more important to determine exactly what ruins car paint. Find out the potential culprits for your faded car paint first.
Do not forget to perform a proper maintenance routine to help keep your car look new always. Also, it does not hurt if you find a sheltered parking area for your vehicle.